Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Mirrors.

Mirrors; a room full of mirrors.
Every where I turn - I see myself
A reflection of brokenness.
I step closer to the mirror in front of me.
I pinch my fat.
I curse my eyebrows
I pull at my hair.
I can't stand looking at the flaws these mirrors reflect.
 
Running; I run this way and that.
But I just keep running into a new mirror
Running from myself, into myself
I can't escape me.
That's all I ever wanted to do.
It hits me finally, 
There is no door. 
I'm stuck with me, 
Trapped and suffocating,
in this room full of mirrors.
 
Screaming; I scream until my throat is raw.
I scream out all my frustration
I scream so someone would hear.
But no one can hear and I know that somewhere.
I can't help but scream anyways.
I scream so loud and so long my brain becomes clouded
It's dark and I kick. 
I kick out a mirror in front of me.
 
Pieces; pieces of mirror shattered in front of me.
I pick one gently up and stare at it, oh so delicately.
It's rigged and rough and beautiful.
This shattered mirror that's finally a true reflection of me.
Broken and in pieces. 

No comments:

Post a Comment